Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Course evaluation by Miguel

This semester is quite challenging for me even though I'm only taking 7 courses. I'm already in my 13th academic week and my first paper will be on the 8th November 2010, that's like so soon eh... What'cha gonna do?? Hopefully I'll do enough to complete this semester without any hiccups and crossing my fingers for some good grades. Some are ok, some are hard and some I don't really know what to say.... I'm ranking them as below with the last one being the hardest:

1) Principles of Marketing

It's a complimentary course and for finals, the weight is only 30%. I do hope I have a high carry marks coz I really need a good grade from this course to balance up my grades. PLus, this is a 4 credit hours course so an A will give a huge impact on my grades. For finals, there will be MCQ and essay..so should be ok.

2) Engineering Ethics

TO be honest, this is a course which I can't really rate because it's a very subjective course. Only essays for finals and marks will be based on my lecturer's view of my answers. I am quite lucky to get 35/50 for my carry marks because a lot of people did not do well in the mid semester exams. At the very least, the lecturer did mention that he will at least give us a C because he doesn't want to see us again next semester.

3) Manufacturing System

This subject is again quite challenging. I did not do that well for my mid semester but I did not fail it la. I do hope my assignments are enough to give me a carry mark above 30/50..I can only keep my fingers crossed. The thing about this course is that the earlier semester, it's more on theories and now it's more on calculations. In the finals, only chapter 7 to 14 will be covered, meaning most of the questions will be calculation based. The hard part is that there will be no equation given, so I have to memorize them all.

4) Solid 1

Honestly, this subject is not that difficult but it's easy to fail this course. One small mistake will cost a lot in terms of marks and there are a lot of calculations involved. The only way to study this course is by doing a lot of exercises. I managed to pass my mid semester exams and I do hope my assignments will play a huge role in giving me a good carry mark.

5) Engineering MAths 3

The first half of this course is not that hard but the second half is a whole new world for me. I am confident that I did well in my mid semester exams but there's still Test 2 next week. Hopefully I can do enough to give myself a good carry mark.

6) Engineering Economics

This is supposed to be an easy core subject but it didn't turn that way. My lecturer is a real engineer with JKR and he is very strict with everything and I mean everything. If you write 6% instead of 0.06, he'll give you zero marks. Everything must be perfect in order to AVOID ZERO marks...Gilo...

There is another course, Engineering Design, but there won't be final assessment for the course. We only have mid semester exam, assignments and one main project for this course. Although I should have done enough to pass, I'm hoping for a good grade for this course....Overall, it's a difficult semester but I'm still hoping for good grades here and there...Byah!!!

No comments: