Monday, December 13, 2010

Rewards

Maybe it's because I fucked up since 2000 until now, I kinda feel that I'm not rewarded for what I do... I mean, when I said I need a new laptop, my parents told me to fork out my own money... when my sister said she needed a laptop, they bought one... and when she lost it a week later, they bought a new one.. for my case, I forked out 1k and my parents came up with another 2k for my brother to buy a laptop..that was in 2002..and in 2008, the very same laptop was given to me..a hand down laptop..already 6 years old.... it's about time for me to get a new one especially I'll be in my final year soon.... I know a laptop is not cheap and apparently I have some money..so I was like ok la...dun want to burden my parents...

Then today, my mom bought a new camera for my sister...a reward for her since she managed to get into Dean's list in her final semester... Ok la rite..a reward... but.. but.... I was never treated something like that... and it's getting unfair... you can say that I'm 28 now so if I want anything, I should them myself... but when I was younger, I was never given such thing as well.. as far as I remember, my parents only bought me a mobile phone back in 2000... after that, I work to buy my own things..like handphone... things to wear...bags..shoes... I earn everything I wanted and do.... things are going too easy for my sister... fair? don't think so...

2 comments:

Ting said...

The younger ones always have it easier, trust me! It is indeed unfair in my opinion! But what to do, right?
For example, back when I was in secondary school, I was given xxx amount by my parents as the monthly allowance/ pocket money. But when it was my younger brothers' turn, the amount they receive today is a few times fold of what I got a few years ago. Whenever I complained, my parents said era dah tak sama, time has passed blablabla u can't make comparison like that.. then they would go on telling the stories of how tough their lives were when they were young - jalan kaki naik gurung untuk sampai sekolah/ only lampu pelita at night to study/ kena pergi kebun bertanam lepas kelas
I guess as the eldest kid in the family, the parents often have high expectations on us. They are also stricter. Perhaps in the hope that we will become a good role model for our younger siblings. But we can't deny that, in a way, it makes us who we are today - responsible, understanding and willing to take the challenge :) so it's not always a bad thing. Whereby the younger ones, if u notice, are always (over)protected, hence live an easier lives which makes them ungrateful or immature at times
Just my thought..

Miguel 'Iban' Sampaio said...

true in a way... but if you notice...if they kinda get into trouble, we're the one cleaning the mess or somehow we're the ones being blamed.. hahaha... well, duno about you but I do get that...