Friday, February 4, 2011

Christmas Trip: Part 3

By now..we're halfway in Limbang and it's not that far between the border to Limbang town. My gf's house is along the way, roughly 15-20 mins from town center. So as I drove along the road, I kept an eye for my gf's junction. Don't really the place ba. It's all different there. Houses are scattered here and there and most of them are on stilts. In addition to that, houses are built on huge land with fruit trees and paddy field(s) around the area.

Then I saw the juction, the juction to my 'future'. I was kind'da nervous because I don't really know what to do and say when I meet my gf's family. Plus, my gf told me not to mention about marriage, booking or anything sounds like that. The main conversation will be more on asking for the green light to be a bf-gf relationship. Her parents are particular about it because they don't want her to lose her focus on studying. I takut salah cakap ba.... and also takut my parents salah cakap... dub dub dub dub...my heart...aiya...


We reached Purnama Hotel a lil past noon. We all unpack, refresh and some time out. I took a nap (2 hours..ahhaha) and when I woke up, it was raining cats and dogs. We were supposed to reach my gf's place at 4pm but by that that, rain was still pouring. A few sms later, we went off at 5pm....and I was a nervous wreck. I didn't really look at the road, was already on auto-pilot. I kept on rewinding on what to say...what might happen if case 1, case 2 or case 3 and so on. Then.... we were in my gf's compound. My dad was and is still impressed with the place. A simple house on stilts with fruit trees around the house and a fish pond (for food). They also rear pigs and chickens for food and selling, and cats and dogs to guard the compound.

Fast forward, it went well. We talked about this and that...about Limbang... about Lunbawang... about the fruit trees and stuffs like that. They invited us for dinner and it was lovely. A lot of lovely food on the table, some I've eaten, some I've not and some I don't eat. For that night, I tried most of them to at least show them that I am trying to fit in. I wanted to cook earlier but my gf's sister was on the stove and they don't really want us to do anything except sitting around talking and eating cakes...and yeah, they made their own cakes for Christmas...


After dinner and some after-dinner talk, came the big issue. To be honest, I didn't really have the gut to talk about it but my dad insisted on it....and dad was the one who brought up the issue. Again, I was nervous because my dad can be a little too straight and transparent.... nabes..nabes... and the moment came....for my gf's father to reply... with a little help... he gave the green light!!! wohoo... well, it doesn't mean I can get married or anything..but at least my gf and I have the blessing from both our parents..and it felt good...still do...


By 10pm plus...we went off because we were going off to KK the next morning. It was a great night.......

[to be continued]

No comments: