Saturday, March 5, 2011

Christmas Trip:Final Episode

After a not so yummy but cheap seafood lunch in Lawas, we head straight to Sarawak-Sabah border. The check point was not busy but the flow was not so smooth. You see, going to Sabah, we still have to show our passport although they won't be stamping it. It's more like for statistical thingy. They'll only stamp those from Brunei, Indonesia and other non-Malaysian. The thing is, it would have been smoother if they were to open a special lane for Sarawakian/Malaysian, just for the purpose of their statistical record...but noo.... We had to line up with non-Malaysian...and to make things even more confusing... everyone seems to be getting off their car to fill in some forms..only to realize that those forms are declaration form for non-Malaysian.


Well..after the check point..everything went smoothly..especially the road. Funny that right after the border, the roads in Sabah are better than Sarawak.... and Sarawak is supposed to be richer than Sabah... We didn't stop much coz we were rushing to get to KK before sundown...only toilet breaks while filling fuel. Scene-wise..wow...Sabah is way greener than Sarawak...and nicer too.. macam straight from a destop wallpaper...

We thought we could reach KK before sundown...but we finally arrived around 6plus... The view of the ocean.... new KK airport .. the flyovers... malls... aiseh..very very nice... it's like way modern compared to Kuching... but one thing I don't like about KK is..driving in KK. You see, eventhough the flyovers are everywhere..and the highways have 4-5 lanes...as soon as you enter city center..the roads between buildings are very narrow..just like the ones at Desa Ilmu, Kota Samarahan...and to find a parking space is a bitch. I swear, the next trip to KK..I'm taking a flight. I'd rather pay a cab than driving on my own in KK.

Getting a spot to park is one thing, finding a place to stay is another. We wanted to stay at Mandarin Hotel...but the rooms within our budget was full.. and the budget hotels within that area was too dodgy... we pusing and pusing..and finally hit jackpot..at Ruby Hotel. It's not really a budget hotel...but an old hotel..so yeah..it's kinda budget too... a bit dodgy coz when I wanted to park..2 pondan hookers helped me to direct my turnings... and they offered their service after that... but I said "I'll take it if the two of you are real girls"..mesti they sakit hati..aiseh....


After checking in... time to eat... we were all tired and hungry...so we went to the seafood place just across our hotel. The place is hugeee..and it's nearly full. We're lucky to get a table. Dinner was the usual..all seafood...that's what KK is famous for right..seafood.... The price is about the same as Kuching..but they're way freshier and the larger in portion...so, worth it la...


Going to KK was not part of my plan...not my dad's too... so we went off to hotel..mandi and sleep terus la while mom, sister and her bf went on to do some shopping. For me... going KK is nothing much....other than seafood, you're in KK for their Filipino Market... you don't go to Sabah for KK, but for their beautiful islands... beautiful mountain areas... fresh vegi spot in KUndasang...and Mount Kinabalu.... that's why 2 days 1 night trip to KK is a waste of time.. It's more like a trip for me to sleep in KK...and to shit...


The next day... we woke up early and had breakfast at a nearby shop...We had the famous Kunlow Mee... I think Sabahan people will love it..but for me it was ok la.. I just think the noodel are a little too big and overall, too oily.. but at least..service was good... After breakfast..time to jalan-jalan. Only have a few hours because by noon we had to set off for Limbang (Christmas Eve with gf's family ba). We went to the Filipino market to buy souveniers.... I think I spent quite a lot... and there was this one guy offering me an Apple I-phone for only RM200.... aiya..cuba la he datang a bit earlier....


Next we jalan jalan a bit...took a few snaps..and check out some of the malls.... There are quite a number of huge malls in KK..but sadly, ony a few can be labelled as proper malls. Some of them are just like a larger scale of Wisma Hopoh.. They're gloomy...selling mostly cheap stuffs...and kinda dodgy too...like I've said..you don't go to Sabah for KK...


By noon..time to check out and set off for Limbang...we stopped somewhere to buy pusuk (anchovies), don't ask why...maybe my mom is so cheap that she'd rather travel all the way to Sabah to buy pusuk than buying them from India Street... around 3pm we stopped for hi-tea at Sipitang.... the last town before Sabah-Sarawak border..a town famous for satay..and damn they're good... not as good as satay Kajang though.. but a lot better than Sarawak satay....they're juicier and fatter..ours are kurus..and terlalu masak... kedak makan salai jak...


The weather changed from Sipitang onwards... heavy rain... a lot of traffic... we ended up driving really slowly to Limbang and we were worried that we might not make it in time for Christmas Eve mass... I kept on texting my gf eveytime we take toilet break..updating on location and asking what time the service starts.... mok give good impression to her parents ba...they're church ppl...

Finally..we reached Limbang... 8pm like that... we were tired and we wanted to cancel our plan to join my gf's family for CHristmas Eve... but they insisted for us to come even if we join them at 10pm... we rehat kejap..mandi and then duly joined them at 10pm... it was fun really.. not only we joined SIB's Christmas Eve mass.. it was conducted in Lunbawang!!!


We left the service a little early because my gf's family already prepared something for us to eat and they could see that we're too tired to join a full service... we had supper..and chit chat while waiting for midnight..we also gave souveniers we bought from the FIlipino market...I just hope they like all the gifts...We didbn't stay for long..around 1am..we called it a night..head back to Purnama Hotel and sleep...

The next day, we didn't start off the day as early as usual. We took our time to pack... check out the market for nanas, ketam and booze...but was unlucky..c'mon la..Christmas ba...neyda orang buka kedai... Next destination was the town famous for heavy industry..Bintulu... but before that..we stopped at gf's place for breakfast..and they even gave us some drinks and food for the road... tqtqtqtqtqtqtqtqtqtqtqtq ... :-)

Driving straight from Limbang to Bintulu was so tiring that I'm not going to bother blogging it.... I reserved all my energy to focus on driving, thus I didn't even realize if there was anything interesting along the way...well..hard to ignore, but some parts of Miri were flooded la..the sawit area especially... poor parit system I think... initial plan was to stop by Gua Niah... but that plan was scrapped.. save the thought for next holiday la owh...

Bintulu was (and is) dull... not only because there're hardly anyone in town...but because the place itself looks gloomy..some say it's due to the air pollution... souces tole me that Bintulu is a good place to work, but not for raising a family... although the town seemed empty, most of the budget hotels were full...luckily.. there were rooms available at..erm..forgot the name of the hotel..ahhaha.. too gloomy...


After relaxing a bit (we arrived around 5 or 6pm like that).... we went to my aunt's place at Kidurong for Christmas dinner... nothing much to blog oz I was too tired to pay attention to what the conversation was.. basically I pretended to listen..and responded by nodding, smiling...and slight grin..for all I care...I was just too tired....We didn't stay long..went back to hotel at 10pm...lights out by 11pm...

The next day was the final day of our Christmas Trip...a direct drive from Bintulu to Kuching.... we didn't start off early because we went for breakfast in Bintulu town and bought a few bottles of booze...cheap ba... We only set off at 10am.... stopped for lunch at Tatau... was still full so we all went for pork porridge (except for mum and sis's bf)... while there...we bought a few local vegi and we even bought a snake as pet (for my bro)....RM32....ahhahah.... well, the snake eventually terlepas at my house in BDC...so until now memang no news la..no news on missing cats, chicken or kids also..so we assume either the snake dah selamat masuk hutan or it ended in someone's pot....

From Tatau, we only stopped for fuel and toilet breaks... last day of the trip..we just can't wait to be home...especailly for me la.. I just wanted to take a shower and sleep.... and that's exactly what I did when I reached home 7 hours later... BYah!!!

p/s: End of this series...hahaha..sorry for the delay guys... been very busy with uni thingy..

No comments: