Friday, January 28, 2011

New?? Prefer the old one..

Last Tuesday, I went for steamboat session with a couple of guys in my class. We went to Heritage…well..now it’s called New Heritage. There were 12 of us, a good number for some good food and company.

Well, maybe it’s a little premature on the good food part. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the ‘New’ place. A few years back, I swore the place was much better in terms of food selection. But now, I don’t think the karaoke stage for free karaoke doesn’t help much with eating experience, especially if the singer isn’t good. That was the scenario that night.


But I guess the place is good if you’re a big crab and prawn eater. As for me…a bit of loss la since I can’t eat crabs and not much on prawns. As for the choice of meat to sizzle…only beef and chicken available and they were marinated in 1 method only. If you’re at D11, you can get lamb meat marinated with 2-3 methods.

It’s a good tactic for them not to refill their fresh food…so that you’ll eat more on their side dishes like meehun..noodles…fried rice…which fills you up a lot faster with less cost… but aiya.. that was not how Heritage was. And for the price of RM26 (free flow cordial), I don’t think it was money well spent at all. Of course the ambience was nice (better if the karaoke stage wasn’t there)…but for an eatery, food is the main attraction. Luckily, the company was good..had a number of good laughs and yeah… I don’t think I’ll go there again if not for good company…byah!!!

No comments: