Thursday, April 7, 2011

Crazieee week...

The week is not over yet but this week surely has become the number one contender as the craziest week for this semester. Last Monday, my lecturer, went berserk and gave all of us zero for assignment, quiz and project... DON'T get me wrong la... It's not like all of us in my class get zero for our carry marks, but basically he reset all our carry marks to zero...

What happened was that, he gave out evaluation forms...and some smart fellas wrote nasty remarks and indicated that we did not meet the course outcome for this semester. Just because of these fellas, he assumed all of us did not achieve the course outcome.....


It's a bit unfair really...although those fellas were dumb themselves, but I don't think the lecturer handled the situation professionally. I mean he claimed he's a professional engineer with 7/9/20 years of experience on the floor... so I think he could have viewed those comments professionally and move on for the better in the next semester. I always see that evaluations as a tool to evaluate performance and improve if there is any need to.

As for me, it's quite harsh for those whom had done so much for respective project topics and mid semester exam. I've seen my group members seeing him day in and day out to tune sections of the project..print and reprint..edit and re-edit... Mind you, it was a lot of work eventhough there are 10 of us in a group...

I guess he felt he could not take those comments and lashed out at all of us... To replace the marks, he gave us homework and on class tutorials...and many more to come next week and the week after. In a way, I'm ok with it because at least we have a clear guideline on what to do this time to get the marks coz for our project; the guideline and topic itself was very vague. However, viewing that next week is the final acedemic week, it's not really a good idea to give fresh burden to all of us...mind you, someone did jumped off the bridge last week...Byah!!

No comments: