Monday, September 13, 2010

Crabby egg

I'm allergic to some seafood, especially crabs. But doesn't mean I don't know how to cook crabs (for the record, I can cook ya). The easiest style will cooking crabs with eggs. For this menu, it's soupy style as in with a lot of kuah.


First of all, you'll need garlic, ginger and lemon grass. Usually others will not use ginger if they're using lemon grass and vice-versa, but I I want the soup to have the spiciness of ginger and the aroma of lemon grass. You'll also need some eggs (depending on portion of crabs) and don't forget our main ingredient, crabs.

Basically you just fry the ginger, garlic and lemon grass. Then dump in crabs, stir them around and add a little bit of water. On the first boil of kuah, get your mobile phone and set your timer for 5 minutes. Just before you take them out, add some eggs and stir a bit. The reason we add eggs is to add volume to our dish. You see, usually when we buy crabs, we prefer the ones with eggs. But usually out of 10 crabs, maybe 3 with eggs. So thats where chicken eggs come into play. Don't worry about the eggs, the heat from the kuah and ketam shells will cook them. Time to serve...



p/s: For full recipe, just email me and I'll be more than happy to share for free!!

No comments: